Re: st: assymetric start and end dates in a panel dat set

From   loggyedr salvez <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: assymetric start and end dates in a panel dat set
Date   Thu, 24 May 2012 10:02:48 +0200

Thank you Nick.  Suppose that I correct the problem  and that I have
observations every 4 weeks for all countries. Thus, I could apply the
code you proposed-floor(/28)].  The problem is that  I have different
start and end dates and different time periods across countries.
For example
              startdate-enddate
Greece   02/11/06-09/10/09
Italy        07/12/06-06/11/09
 UK          09/11/06-06/11/09

How should I handle this asymmetry?  I  Would be grateful to you if
you could provide more information about which  functions  for –egen-
to look at. Any proposed coding is also  welcomed as I am a new stata
user and I have difficulty with coding. For example your proposed
coding

gen edate2 = floor(edate1/28)
tsset identif2 edate2

was extremely helpful. Should I upload an example of the excel file I
have to take a look?

Thank you for your time,
stefanos