Re: st: random sampling matching the characteristics of the sample

From   Andrea Rispoli <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: random sampling matching the characteristics of the sample
Date   Thu, 3 May 2012 11:01:24 +0100

Thank you all very much for getting back to me! Unfortunately the rev
does not provide much details.
Based on your suggestions, I have now identified the command pscore
and psmatch2 to use propensity scores.

A brief follow up question: when I use pscore, I end up with a certain
number of blocks, satosfying the balancing property.
If I understood correctly the intuition behind this method, I shall
select now some blocks of firms where the distribution of x is more
balanced and that have high pscore and see whether my analysis hold in
those groups. Is this correct? Or is there another method to chose the
blocks to use?
Thank you again!