RE: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software

From   James Stark <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata 12 and HLM Software
Date   Mon, 9 Apr 2012 21:16:03 +0000

Sure.

I run these commands:

sort zip
hlm mkmdm using J:\Data\Test, id2(zip) l1(cid  female age25_44 age45_64 age_65) l2(zippoverty ziphispanic) replace

Running these commands results in these Stata statements:

file J:\Data \Test.dta saved
file HLM2MDM.STS not found

and HLM momentarily opens to say it does not recognize this version of Stata.

Note, the associated .mdmt file (created by HLM during this process) is created in my directory.

I know HLM works with Stata because I can run HLM using Stata 12 provided the MDM file and STS file have already been created.

As for my older version of Stata 11, that has been uninstalled.

I tried saving the Stata file using saveold but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I have to open that file in Stata 12 in order to sort the data so maybe saving as an older version doesn't matter?

Thanks