Re: st: xtabond2 error with stata version (10.0)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xtabond2 error with stata version (10.0)
Date   Sat, 24 Mar 2012 16:55:58 +0000

I don't think there is a work-around for you. You need Stata 10.1 or
higher for this to work. However, I note also that

1.  lmatabase is not part of -xtabond2-. -xtabond2- is user-written,
as you are asked to explain.

2. Stata 10.1 was released in August 2008. See
http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/history.html
Whether you will have to wait a few weeks is between you and your
colleagues, but it seems that they have not updated Stata itself for
more than three years! (Clearly an upgrade to 11 or indeed 12 depends
on financing, but an update of the executable from 10 to 10.1 is
free.)

3. If anyone is updating other files, but not the executable in sync,
that just creates problems like this.

Nick