Re: st: Bootstrapping a vector, no results?

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Bootstrapping a vector, no results?
Date   Tue, 20 Mar 2012 14:13:20 +0100

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:54 PM, mariaabreu wrote:
> I followed the advice in the Stata FAQ "How do I
> boostrap a vector of results", and have run the exact same code in that
> example:
>
> capture program drop myreg
>  program myreg, eclass
>        tempname bb
>        quietly regress mpg turn
>        matrix `bb'=e(b)
>        ereturn post `bb'
>        ereturn local cmd="bootstrap"
>
>  end
>
> clear
> sysuse auto
> set seed 12345
> bootstrap _b, reps(50) nowarn: myreg
>
> ...and the same thing happens, there are no bootstrap results. The line with
> dots appears and that is that. There is nothing stored in e(b_bs) etc. The
> only thing that is different is that the above code is written for Stata
> 12.0, while I am using Stata 11.0. Could that be the reason?

That code runs as expected on my versions of Stata (11.2 and 12.1).

You could (and should) type -update all- followed by -update swap- to
get Stata 11.2 instead of 11.0. Other than that I cannot think of
anything that might cause this problem.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie