Re: st: command for non linear decomposition using a multinimial logit

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: command for non linear decomposition using a multinimial logit
Date   Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:26:47 +0100

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM, arlette simo fotso wrote:
> Can any one please tell me if it exists a Stata commands for doing an
> Oaxaca-Blinder decomposition using a multinomial logit (or multinomil
> probit) model?

This is a complex problem. One possibility is described in Kohler et
al. (2011) as there is a close relationship between Oaxaca-Blinder
decompositions and the idea of direct and indirect effects.

Hope this helps,
Maarten

U. Kohler, K.B. Karlson, and A. Holm (2011) Comparing coefficients of
nested nonlinear probability models. The Stata Journal, 11(3):
420--438.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen