RE: st: factor analysis and bootstrapping

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: factor analysis and bootstrapping
Date   Wed, 1 Feb 2012 09:21:14 -0500

I might also recommend some methodological papers re: resampling in FA and similar contexts:
Zhang, G., & Browne, M.W. (2006). Bootstrap fit testing, confidence intervals, and standard error estimation in the factor analysis of polychoric correlation matrices. Behaviormetrika, 33(1), 61-74.http://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bhmk/33/1/61/_pdf

Zhang, G., Preacher, K. J., & Luo, S. (2010). Bootstrap confidence intervals for ordinary least squares factor loadings and correlations in exploratory factor analysis. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 45, 104-134.

Yuan, K.-H., & Hayashi, K. (2006). Standard errors in covariance structure models: Asymptotics versus bootstrap. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, 59(2), 397–417.

Yuan, K.-H., Hayashi, K., & Yanagihara, H. (2007). A Class of Population Covariance Matrices in the Bootstrap Approach to Covariance Structure Analysis. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 42(2), 261-281.

Jennrich, R.I. (2008). Nonparametric Estimation of Standard Errors in Covariance Analysis Using the Infinitesimal Jackknife. Psychometrika, 73(4), 579-594.

Cam