Re: st: What should I do if stata can not show the result of nbreg

From   Ye SUN <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: What should I do if stata can not show the result of nbreg
Date   Sun, 8 Jan 2012 21:25:56 +0800

Thanks for reminding.
I use stata 11. My dependent variable is the number of boards that a
director serves in.(Nboards) My test independent variable is the
gender of the director, dummy variable (FD).
So I want to run the following regression:  nbreg  Nboards  FD  (other
control variables)

I input the above command in stata, but it runs for hours and keeps showing

Iteration 50:  log likelihood = -58271.444  (backed up)
numerical derivatives are approximate
flat or discontinuous region encountered
Iteration 51:  log likelihood = -58271.444  (backed up)
numerical derivatives are approximate
flat or discontinuous region encountered
Iteration 52:  log likelihood = -58271.444  (backed up)
numerical derivatives are approximate
flat or discontinuous region encountered
Iteration 53:  log likelihood = -58271.444  (backed up)

I want to know how to solve this problem if it still can not show the
final results.

I also want to know what is the difference between the command -nbreg-
and -nbinreg-, please? It seems both of them are used for negative
binomial regression.

Thanks a lot

SUN Ye