st: Check collinearity

From   Muyang Zhang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Check collinearity
Date   Sun, 8 Jan 2012 18:17:59 +0800

Dear Statalists,

I am estimating a system of equations with two sets of dummies using
-sureg-. I have encountered the error:

redundant or inconsistent constraints
r(412);

which I believe could be caused by collinearity between dummies. I
have already dropped one dummy for each set, but due to the large
number of categories, there is still possibility of collinearity
within the sets of dummies. Is there any way to check collinearity
and, if it exists, get rid of some dummies to eliminate collinearity?

Best,

--
Zhang Muyang
China Center for Economic Research