RE: st: Question on multiple equation regression with different types of DVs and NLCOM

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Question on multiple equation regression with different types of DVs and NLCOM
Date   Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:04:32 -0500

Will the total effect be meaningful without some kind of standardization of the constituent effect coefficients (linear + logit)?

Anyway, you might want to track down the paper that goes with this abstract (one of the authors might be able to help you further):

Coxe, S., & MacKinnon, D.P. (2010). Abstract: Mediation Analysis of Poisson Distributed Count Outcomes. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 45(6), 1022.

And in the event of an intractable analytical approach for getting the SEs, I might also suggest bootstrapping to get an empirical sampling distribution and compute SEs for the total and other effects:
Preacher, K. J., & Hayes, A. F. (2008). Asymptotic and resampling strategies for assessing and comparing indirect effects in multiple mediator models. Behavior Research Methods, 40(3), 879-891.http://www.comm.ohio-state.edu/ahayes/indirect2.pdfhttp://www.comm.ohio-state.edu/ahayes/SPSS%20programs/indirect.htm

MacKinnon, D. P., Lockwood C. M., & Williams, J. (2004). Confidence limits for the indirect effect: Distribution of the product and resampling methods. Multivariate Behavioral Research, 39, 99–128.

Fitrianto, A., & Midi, H. (2010). Estimating Bias and RMSE of Indirect Effects using Rescaled Residual Bootstrap in Mediation Analysis.  WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics 6(9), 397-406.http://www.wseas.us/e-library/transactions/mathematics/2010/89-645.pdf

Mallinckrodt, B., Abraham, W.T., Wei, M. & Russell, D.W. (2006). Advances in Testing the Statistical Significance of Mediation Effects. Journal of Counseling Psychology, 53(3), 372–378. http://www.psychology.iastate.edu/~wei/manuscript/mediation.pdf

Cam