Re: st: bootstrap weights

Subject   Re: st: bootstrap weights
Date   Fri, 25 Nov 2011 18:55:53 -0600

Cam,

that's an overkill. You are trying to outsmart the data by being to
conservative.

Stefano,

that's probably the best you can do. I would suggest using more
replications (reps() option) and fewer subsampled units (I tend to use
n(-1), although with several thousand observations that you probably
have, the small sample performance these adjustments tend to improve
does not matter). Ask your data providers if they can generate the
bootstrap weights on their side using their strata information.