st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   st: unrecognized command: _anovaparse
Date   Thu, 17 Nov 2011 16:34:00 +0000

From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Winter
Sent: 15 November 2011 18:21
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: RE: twoway graph legend

margins foreign, at(weight=(1760 4840))
marginsplot, noci recast(line)

Nick

On 11/15/2011 1:09 PM, Nick Cox wrote:
> You could do something like this:
>
> sysuse auto, clear
> regr mpg weight i.foreign
> predict predict
> separate predict, by(foreign) veryshortlabel
> line predict? weight, sort
>
> If you want the fits to be different, you are going to have to produce them separately and then combine them, I believe.
>
> drop predict?
>
> forval i = 0/1 {
> 	qui regress mpg weight if foreign == `i'
> 	predict predict`i' if foreign == `i'
> 	label var predict`i' "`: label (foreign) `i''"
> }
>
> line predict? weight, sort ytitle("`: var label mpg'")
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Nikolaos Pandis
>
> Many thanks, it looks great.
> Could I somehow use -lfit- to get the fitted lines only?
>
> From: Nick Cox<[email protected]>
>
> Try
>
> separate moment, by(brackettype) veryshortlabel
> line moment? rotation
>
> and see -help separate-
>
> and see
>
> SJ-5-4  gr0023  . . . . Stata tip 27: Classifying data points on scatter plots
>          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  N. J. Cox
>          Q4/05  SJ 5(4):604--606                                (no commands)
>          tips for using separate, gray-scale gradation, and text
>          characters as class symbols to classify data points on
>          a scatter plot
>
> Nick
> [email protected]
>
> Nikolaos Pandis
>
> In Stata 12, I am using the following commands:
>
> twoway (line moment rotation, by(brackettype)) // moment and rotation continuous and brackettype has 4 levels
>
> I like to have all graphs in one plot as shown below but somehow I cannot get on the legend below the x-axis to show the levels of brackettype. It shows "brackettype" for all 4 different color lines. If I use "lfit" instead of "line" it shows lfit instead of brackettype.
>
> twoway (line moment rotation if brackettype==1) ||(line moment rotation if brackettype==2) ||(line moment rotation if brackettype==3) ||(line moment rotation if brackettype==4)
>
> Any advise would be appreciated.

Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
Associate Professor                             434.924.3359 f
Department of Politics                  [email protected] e
University of Virginia          faculty.virginia.edu/nwinter w
S385 Gibson Hall, South Lawn

_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.