Re: st: how to keep the pictures

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: how to keep the pictures
Date   Wed, 16 Nov 2011 14:23:02 +0100

2011/11/16 conantiancai_stata :
> when i run the command "histogram" for x and y , I can only get the histogram of the latter one. the histogram of x just flashes and disappears. There seems to be no "back" button in stata. how could I switch the histograms of x and y freely instead of using the command "histogram" again? can the stata keep the two histogram at the same time?

To quote the statalist FAQ:
"It is long-standing practice on Statalist that most members,
especially the most active members who supply a large fraction of the
answers, post using their real names. This is one of the ways in which
we show respect to others. So we discourage you from posting from
behind fake names or identifiers. Such handles are particularly
objectionable if they include the word “Stata” in some way. Please
note that many members are less inclined to answer anonymous emails,
sometimes to the point of ignoring them on principle. These choices
are personal, but your chances of eliciting a good reply are greatly
diminished if you write and conceal your identity. Conversely, if you
decide just to watch and read on the list, your email identity remains
entirely up to you."

you can preserve the graphs by using the -name()- option (to read
more: type in Stata -help name_option-)

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis