Re: st: qui { svy : } bug?

From   [email protected] (Jeff Pitblado, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: qui { svy : } bug?
Date   Thu, 10 Nov 2011 16:44:33 -0600

Jeph Herrin <[email protected]> is trying to work with the -r(table)- matrix
result after -svy: mean- when run -quietly-:

> I'm running 64-bit StataMP 12, updated, on Win 7.
>
> Here's a program:
>
> ****** bug? *********
>   u http://www.stata-press.com/data/r12/stage5a, clear
>   svyset su1 [pweight=pw], strata(strata) fpc(fpc1)
>
>   svy : mean x1
>   matrix list r(table)        // fine
>
>   qui svy : mean x1
>   matrix list r(table)        // error!
> **********************
>
> The last line produces an error. It seems that -qui- applied
> to svy: suppresses all of the returned macros, which is a big nusiance.

To be clear, we assume that Jeph has not changed the default for
'set coeftabresults', see -help set coeftabresults-.  The default behavior
is for estimation commands to store the coefficient table results in -r()-
even when they are run quietly.

Jeph discovered that -svy: mean- is not storing this information in -r()- even
when it should.

This is unintended behavior and isolated to

	mean
	proportion
	ratio
	total

with or without the -svy:- prefix.

We hope to have this fixed in a future ado-file update.

--Jeff