st: Re: Unable to install "ivreg2" in Stata 12.

From   Christopher Baum <[email protected]>
To   DONG Yingjie <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Unable to install "ivreg2" in Stata 12.
Date   Wed, 26 Oct 2011 08:33:31 -0400

<>
At the moment the SSC Archive is down for maintenance, as reported on Statalist yesterday. But this has only been the case for the last 3.5 hours. If you had problems before that, I suspect your problem is that your university uses a proxy server. Try "update query" within Stata. Does it work? If it does not (that is, if you cannot contact stata.com either) then you need to insert the appropriate proxy server settings in Preferences->Internet. This is a common problem in UK unis; it may also be the case for SMU. The settings must be obtained from your I/T support staff.

By the way there is no need for ivgmm0, as it was a precursor of ivreg2, which does all it could do and much more.

Kit