st: RE: Matched pair and pannel data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Matched pair and pannel data
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 18:52:49 +0100

You asked this question on Friday. One repost is certainly allowed under Statalist protocol, and someone may yet answer this. In very broad terms, I'd advise you, and anybody else so tempted, that very open-ended questions asking for detailed specification of methodology have low probabilities of getting the answers hoped for.

Naturally, you need to think statistically and "low" need not mean zero.

Natalia Ortiz

I have a matched pair sample. I am interesting in analyzing the different
evolution during 15 years of control versus focus observations. That is I
have 2 panel data (with ordinal and continuous variables) and I want to
use longitudinal analyses appropriated to matched pairs samples.  I want
to propose a model with several hypotheses. Which would be the proper
methodology for that goal?