st: using encode to order string distances

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   st: using encode to order string distances
Date   Mon, 24 Oct 2011 16:35:58 +0100

Hi all,

I have distances stored in strings like:

0-9
10-19
20-29
30-39

up to
90-99
100+

I want to encode these to keep the current values as labels and replace the numbers behind them as 1-12.

When I encode and generate a new variable I end up with 100+ as the 3rd value rather than the 12th value.

How can I force encode to make sure 100+ is the 12th and not the 3rd value.

I'm using

encode nearestcentre, generate(NRCENT)

Best wishes

Tim
_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.