Re: st: conception confusion - "fixed effects" and time effect on data with time factor

From   House Wang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: conception confusion - "fixed effects" and time effect on data with time factor
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:58:53 -0500

Maarten,

Thank you very much for your insights.
I think you are right that this is a cross-sectional data, not a panel data.
The next step, then, is to test the effect of year as a regular
variable on the data.
Period is definitely a right time axis, because I am talking about
years (or even Congress - every two years).
In this study, I am interested in the random effects of the year
variable, which means the errors of D.V. due to year.
To measure the random effects of year variable, the correct STATA
command is to add i.year to the model, right?
(There is no age or cohert in my data).
Thanks.

Jianying