Re: st: RE: How to show formatted date variable in graph

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: How to show formatted date variable in graph
Date   Tue, 18 Oct 2011 08:48:07 +0100

You didn't answer the question on -tsset- but it seems that you did
not -tsset- these data, and very likely they could not be -tsset-.

No matter; my answer is the same. If the format you want is not
applied by default, you must apply it explicitly. In your case,
-histogram- is likely to be a convenient command.

clear
set obs 20
gen date = 150 + _n
gen ncopies = ceil(10 * runiform())
expand ncopies
format date %tq
histogram date, xla(, format("%tq")) frequency
histogram date, width(1) xla(151/170, format("%tq")) frequency discrete
histogram date, width(1) xla(151/170, ang(v) format("%tq")) frequency discrete

Nick

P.S. Writing all lower case may be easier for you but it makes your
postings more difficult to read. Please see Statalist FAQ 3.2.