st: GLLAMM and intraclass correlation

From   "Gannaway Jack WWG HWWD" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: GLLAMM and intraclass correlation
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2011 14:07:18 +0100

Statalisters,

I have used the GLLAMM command for a random intercept ordered logit
model, which has then obviously produced a variance for the random
effect.  Can anyone tell me how I get an intraclass correlation from
this?  I know for a linear ML model with a random intercept it is the
squared sd of the effect in question over the sum of the squared sds of
all the error terms, but how do you do it for ordered logit?

I realise this is more of a statistics question than specifically a
Stata question, but I think I would be right in assuming that general
level of statistical knowledge here is high!

Many thanks.

Jack

-------------------------------
      Jack Gannaway
        Economic Adviser | Health and Well-Being Directorate |
Professional Services Group | Department for Work & Pensions, Caxton
House, Tothill Street, London, SW1H 9D
        [email protected] | Tel: 02074 495704 (x 65704)

This document is strictly confidential and is intended only for use by the addressee.

If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or other

action taken in reliance of the information contained in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Any views expressed by the sender of this message are not necessarily those of the Department

for Work and Pensions.

If you have received this transmission in error, please use the reply function to tell us

and then permanently delete what you have received.

This email was scanned for viruses by the Department for Work and Pensions' anti-virus services and on leaving the Department was found to be virus free.

Please note: Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance

with our policy on the use of electronic communications.