Re: Other forums [was: RE: st: RE: how to force same excluded groups across regression models]

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Other forums [was: RE: st: RE: how to force same excluded groups across regression models]
Date   Thu, 13 Oct 2011 09:36:12 +0100

On other forums, I should also  mention Cross-validated. See their
http://stats.stackexchange.com/faq

It's interesting that they say

"There are certain subjects that will probably get better responses on
our sister sites. If your question is about Programming, ask on Stack
Overflow. If the language is statistically oriented (such as R or
Stata), then decide based on the nature of your question: if it needs
statistical expertise to understand or answer, ask it here; if it's
about an algorithm or details of the language, ask elsewhere."

Fair enough, so long as nobody is implying that there is no
statistical expertise elsewhere.

See also http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Stata for a forum in
which nobody has answered _any_ of the questions posted!

Nick