Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Design

From   Nyasha Tirivayi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Regression Discontinuity Design
Date   Fri, 7 Oct 2011 16:15:45 +0200

Hi Austin

Thank you so much for the response. I am trying to estimate the impact
of a social program on intrahousehold labour supply. Hence I have
labour supply data at individual level. In total I have 474
individuals from 200 treated households (residing in 4 treated
communities) and 532 individuals from 200 control households (residing
in 4 control communities).

I had initially done propensity score matching. However baseline
labour supply rates for the treated sample (68%) are lower than from
the control group (57%). Once comment I have received is that the
possibility of differential trends in labor market outcomes across
program and non-program communities implies that any observed
differences are not reliable measures of the effects of the food
program.   Hence journal reviewers are concerned about the possibility
of unobservables and suggested a regression discontinuity approach (if
possible) or within community estimates.

CommunityHouseholdsAdult Individuals	Community HIV rate
Treated
1	50	103	22.5
2	50	120	22.6
3	50	122	22.5