st: missing data

From   Michael Eisenberg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: missing data
Date   Wed, 5 Oct 2011 16:35:48 -0700

Colleagues,

I have a list of data for patients and some subjects have more than
one row.  Unfortunately, the data entry was not perfect so that some
fields that should be the same for each individual (like an exposure)
is not.

subjectid     exposurea      exposureb
1                    43                     bz
1                     .                        .
1                     .                        .

3                     .                        .
3                     .                        .
3                    888                   qx

How can I get all fields to populate with the non missing data so that
it looks like

subjectid     exposurea      exposureb
1                    43                     bz
1                     43                    bz
1                    43                     bz

3                    888                    qx
3                    888                    qx
3                    888                   qx

Thank you in advance.