st: RE: Transform unbalanced data into cross-sectional data

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Transform unbalanced data into cross-sectional data
Date   Thu, 29 Sep 2011 16:44:46 +0100

It is not clearly that any change is needed. You just treat your data differently. Thus

regress income age

pools data. Of course, you might want to allow in some way for persons as clusters.

Jingjing Niu

I have an unbalanced data and I want to transform it into
cross-sectional data, because the drop out rate is high and I am
interested in the cross-sectional comparison. This data includes 3
waves, and new observations were added each year to maintain a
reasonable sample size. Some individual were measured once out of the
3 waves, some twice and some three times. An simple example of the
data is pasted below.
person	year	income	age	sex
1	     2003	  1500	27	1
1	     2004   	  1700 	28	1