Re: st: nonparametric test

From   Roger Newson <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: nonparametric test
Date   Thu, 29 Sep 2011 10:58:09 +0100

I have had a very quick look at the Jiang paper, and Equation (2) there looks like a special case of a Somers' D. This suggests (at least to me) that you might possibly want to check out the -somersd- package, downloadable from SSC, which estimates a wide range of rank statistics with confidence intervals as well as P-values, and allows adjustment for clustering and sampling probability weights. The -somersd- package comes with a set of .pdf manuals which you can download as ancillary files from SSC at the same time as installing -somersd-.

On the other hand, there are also references, in that paper, to U-statistics with kernel of order 3. The -somersd- package is based on U-statistics with kernels of order 2, so -somersd- doesn't implement U-statistics with kernel of order 3. I don't have the time to implement the Jiang method, but some of the same principles may apply to both kinds of rank statistics.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil