Re: st: problem with graph mspline, scheme(s2mono) (bug??)

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: problem with graph mspline, scheme(s2mono) (bug??)
Date   Sat, 24 Sep 2011 00:59:15 +0100

Fair point.

. findit mspline

points to my -msplot- from SSC, which if not helpful here, may
contribute some code for a programmable solution.

Note that it is closer to your example than appears, as -separate,
veryshortlabel- can be used to generate separate y variables.

Nick

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 12:43 AM, Ricardo Ovaldia <[email protected]> wrote:

> Thank you Nick. By default, in Stata, monochromatic plots are suppose to use different symbols and line styles so that you can tell the lines apart. But this does not occur when -mspline- is used. If this not a bug, then it is a feature that does not make sense.
>
> Not that I feel like I have to explain, but the reason I do not like the solution is because I have  a fairly complicated program that generates many graphs. I will have to add several lines of code to different sections to deal with this issue.

Nick Cox <[email protected]>