RE: st: Stata drops one variable

From   Tim Evans <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Stata drops one variable
Date   Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:26:24 +0100

Is the installation on a network or private machine? If it's the latter, you could try re-installing, perhaps is a corrupted install?

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Daniel Marcelino
Sent: 23 September 2011 12:26
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: Stata drops one variable

I don't think so.  When I open the auto dataset using Stata 11 I can
see all variables included mpg. Also, using 'webuse auto' I can see
all variables, however, after replace the original file for the new
one, Stata again has dropped mpg.
Daniel

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:48 AM, Maarten Buis <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:22 AM, Daniel Marcelino wrote:
>> I'm using Stata 12 already update, on Macbook.
>> Every time I open "sysuse auto" Stata drops mpg variable, why it is happening?
>
> The auto dataset is a dataset like any other. Could it be that you by
> accident have overwritten the original dataset with a changed dataset
> in which you removed mpg? In that case you can get the original
> dataset again by typing -webuse auto-.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Maarten
>
> --------------------------
> Maarten L. Buis
> Institut fuer Soziologie
> Universitaet Tuebingen
> Wilhelmstrasse 36
> 72074 Tuebingen
> Germany
>

> http://www.maartenbuis.nl
> *
> *   For searches and help try:

About me: http://danielmarcelino.zip.net/

_DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments hereto contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be confidential or legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s) only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail and you are not the intended recipient(s), please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, or rely on this e-mail or any attachments, as this may be unlawful.