RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata

From   "Jesper Lindhardsen" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Naming Equations in Stata
Date   Wed, 21 Sep 2011 09:06:08 +0200

HI Lin,

I may have misunderstood, but if this is a question on whether a
parameter estimate differs between agegroups (in the same dataset), my
guess is that a single equation approach is possible, i.e, use
interaction terms and then -test-/-testpatm- afterwards. However, this
would include x2 x3 covariate estimates across agegroups.

reg y x1#agegroup i.agegroup x2 x3
testparm x1#agegroup,equal

BW, Jesper

Jesper Lindhardsen
MD, PhD candidate
Department of Cardiovascular Research
Copenhagen University Hospital, Gentofte
Denmark