RE: st: RE: xtscc and small samples (equal size T and N)

Subject   RE: st: RE: xtscc and small samples (equal size T and N)
Date   Mon, 19 Sep 2011 22:50:32 +0100

Christina,

FWIW, I'd be reluctant to follow Sami's advice, for the same reasons I gave earlier, and in spite of my soft spot for recommendations involving -ivreg2-.  Two-way clustering requires asymptotics where both T->infinity and N->infinity.  11 is not very far on the way to infinity no matter how you slice it.

What about a simple 2-way fixed effects model with both group fixed effects and time dummies?  You have 121 observations, and you're losing 22 dofs to the FEs, so it's not tooooo bad....

--Mark