st: space between plots when using "graph combine"

From   Maria Ana Vitorino <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: space between plots when using "graph combine"
Date   Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:36:18 -0400

I have a question regarding the graph regions. I have 4 square plots that I want to put in the same figure. If we look at the plots individually, the figures are square (including the margins around the plot itself). But when I combine them the areas around the plots become rectangles. Below is an example (I used colors so that it's easier to see what I'm trying to explain). Any suggestions on how to make the final combined plot also a square without wasting so much space to the left and to the right of the plots?
Thanks!
Ana

sysuse auto, clear
scatter mpg weight, aspect(1) xsize(5) ysize(5) graphregion(color(erose)) plotregion(margin(zero)) name(fig1, replace) scatter mpg weight, aspect(1) xsize(5) ysize(5) graphregion(color(blue)) plotregion(margin(zero)) name(fig2, replace)
graph combine  fig1 fig2 fig2 fig1, saving(figcombo,  replace)