Re: st: application of post-estimation commands

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: application of post-estimation commands
Date   Fri, 16 Sep 2011 15:32:23 +1000

Many thanks to Nick and Austin for their replies.

Cheers,

Mike.

You can save the coefficients to scalars e.g.

scalar intercept = _b[_cons]
scalar weightcoeff  = _b[weight]

and use those scalars in calculations later in the same session,
referring to them by name. Make sure that you don't use the same names
for scalars as for any variables No function, in the Stata sense, is
involved here.

You can -update- your Stata to 8.2 for free. See

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/history.html

Nick