Re: st: executing commands on exit

From   Neil Shephard <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: executing commands on exit
Date   Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:23:21 +0100

On 13 September 2011 14:15, A. Berâ <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes but I also want to have closing date and time as we would see if
> we closed the log file manually.

Why have this as part of your "global" Stata session?

Common practice is to open a log-file at the start of your do-file and
then close it at the end of the do-file.

That will record the start and finish dates/times on which you run your do-file.

Having a log-file open as part of a Stata session could potentially
cause problems if you then try and run a do-file that records its own
log as you can't have two log-files open at a given time.

Is it much more effort to type five characters to close the log-file
prior to exiting?

. log c
. exit, clear

Neil

--
"To consult the statistician after an experiment is finished is often
merely to ask him to conduct a post mortem examination. He can perhaps

Neil Shephard
Clinical Trials Research Unit /
NIHR Research Design Service for Yorkshire & the Humber
University of Sheffield