st: RE: Intraclass correlation coefficient analyses in STATA

From   "Visintainer, Paul" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Intraclass correlation coefficient analyses in STATA
Date   Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:14:54 -0400

Dr. Ringdal,

You might also look at -xtmrho- which is used after -xtmixed-.  If you have questions about the -icc23- program, you can contact me at [email protected], as given in the help file.

-p
Paul Visintainer, PhD

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ringdal Kjetil Gorseth
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2011 8:20 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: Intraclass correlation coefficient analyses in STATA

Hi

I am trying to calculate  Intraclass Correlation Coefficients (ICC) in STATA, but have run into some problems.

I wonder if you could give some info abut how to calculate ICC in STATA for a two-way mixed model (ICC[3,1]) measuring absolute agreement between two raters (Each target is rated by each of the same k raters, who are the only raters of interest). I would like to analyse agreement between a group a 10 raters raters, but focus on analysing two raters at a time.

See the paper "Shrout P, et al. Intraclass Correlations: Uses in Assessing Rater Reliability. Psychol Bull. 1979; 86(2):420" on different types of ICC.

In SPSS there is an easy way of doing this (I can find the two-way mixed, two-way random, and one-way random effects models), but I cannot find the same in STATA. I have tried the -loneway- command, but this does not produce the same ICC or the same 95% CI values as in SPSS. In SPSS, I can also analyse all raters against each other.

Neither the -icc23- or the -icccof- commands produce the same values as the SPSS command.

Do you have any other suggestions on how to do the analyses in STATA?

Kind regards
Dr. Kjetil Ringdal

Please view our annual report at http://baystatehealth.org/annualreport

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail communication and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information for the use of the designated recipients named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this communication in error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its contents is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender immediately or by telephone at 413-794-0000 and destroy all copies of this communication and any attachments. For further information regarding Baystate Health's privacy policy, please visit our Internet site at http://baystatehealth.org.