RE: st: Bootstrapping & clustered standard errors (-xtreg-)

From   Cameron McIntosh <[email protected]>
To   STATA LIST <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Bootstrapping & clustered standard errors (-xtreg-)
Date   Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:24:33 -0400

Stas, Tobias
I agree with Stas that there is not much point in using the bootstrap in this case, unless you have custom bootstrap weights computed by a statistical agency for a complex sampling frame, which would incorporate adjustments for non-response and calibration to known totals, etc. I don't think that is the case here, so I would go with the -cluster- SEs too.
My two cents,
Cam