st: RE: generalized test alternative to Hausman

Subject   st: RE: generalized test alternative to Hausman
Date   Tue, 6 Sep 2011 16:29:28 +0100

Pasquale,

A couple of thoughts...

1.  It looks like you're using the old syntax of the -hausman- command.  Is this because you have an old version of Stata?  FIY, when posting to Statalist, you should normally say which version of you are using (see the FAQ, http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#stata).

2.  The Hausman test stat can sometimes be <0 in finite samples because different estimates of the error variance are being used in V_b and V_B.  You can force the same variance to be used in both with either the sigmamore or sigmaless options (depending on the version of Stata you have, hence the importance of telling us - see #1).

HTH,
Mark

registered under charity number SC000278.