Re: Re: Re: st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis

From   Maarten Buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: Re: st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis
Date   Mon, 29 Aug 2011 17:26:37 +0200

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 4:39 PM, Ariel Linden, DrPH wrote:
> I was obviously looking in the wrong place in the manual
> ("added_text_options"). I am hoping to master 25% of what Stata has to offer
> before retirement. :-)

The problem is that you are aiming for a moving target: The amount
Stata has to offer will also (hopefully) grow over time ;)

> Yes, I was referring to the graph recorder. It would be great if the actual
> commands used in the graph recorder would be displayed in the viewer, so
> that the user could learn what exactly what code is being processed [as
> currently occurs when any other command is used from the drop down menu].

In essence you can, but it will not quite give you what you are
looking for. You can open the graph recorder file in any text editor,
and you will see the commands used to manipulate your graph (a series
of commands all starting with a "."). In essence you are directly
manipulating a (complex) class object that was created with a -graph-
command, you are not re-issuing a modified -graph- command.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen