re: Re: st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis

From   "Ariel Linden, DrPH" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   re: Re: st: placing two textboxes in a graph on the x-axis
Date   Sun, 28 Aug 2011 12:18:54 -0400

Thank you Eric for your additional approach. I actually started out my quest
using the text option, however, as you correctly noted, it is not an easy
task trying to position the boxes (and it changes with every graph)!

If I could suggest to Stata an addition to a future version, it would be to
"track" the commands used in the graph editor and display them in the same
way that all other commands are displayed (when using drop down menus
instead of directly writing in the command at the command line).  There are
many options in graphing that are not intuitive or easy to find in the
manual (for example, I could not find xmlabel documented anywhere).

One last question: is there a way to offset the xmlabel downward from the
x-axis?

Thanks again for providing very useful advice!

Ariel