Re: st: renaming variables from first observation

From   Abhimanyu Arora <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: renaming variables from first observation
Date   Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:50:22 +0200

Yes Nick, precisely, my values in the first observation were not
legal. What I meant by storing values in a macro was something like a
horizontal -levelsof- command. Once I obtain the values in a single
macro I thought of simply using your and Jeroen Weesie's -renvars-.

But the map option seems not that easy to understand, perhaps because
I find `quotes' confusing sometimes. One needs to have a string
expression in the parentheses while using the map option but I see
that the expression in your example is in `quotes', normally used for
macros. Would be really great if you could clarify this fundamental
issue.

Many thanks
Abhimanyu

. list in 1

     +--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
  1. |        var1 |        var2 |         var3 |         var4 | var5
| var6 | var7 | var8 | var9 | var10 | var11 | var12 |
     | Series Code | Series Name | Country Code | Country Name | 2000
| 2001 | 2002 | 2003 | 2004 |  2005 |  2006 |  2007 |
     |                          var13                          |
                   var14                           |
     |                           2008                          |
                    2009                           |