Re: st: IV estimation in a negative binomial framework

From   Arka Roy Chaudhuri <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: IV estimation in a negative binomial framework
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 13:31:40 -0700

Thank so much for your suggestions. Abhimanyu, please correct me if I
am wrong but the -ssm- procedure does not seem to allow for negative
binomial in its family sub command- it only allows for binomial and
poisson.

I had a question about -ivpois- vs -qvf-.Is there any reason for
-ivpois- to be theoretically better than -qvf-? I looked at the
example in the ivpois help file which shows that ivpois performs
better than qvf but in my case qvf seems to perform better than
ivpois. So I was wondering if there are any theoretical reasons for
why ivpois is better than qvf and the essential differences between
the two.

Thanks a lot again for all your suggestions.

Regards,
Arka