Re: st: RE: Order of variables in stcox model

From   Brigham Whitman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Order of variables in stcox model
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:02:38 -0400

I do get the same results when I run the same code twice.  Even when I
clear out the data and re-enter everything, I still get identical
results using the same code.  But these results change when I change
the order of the variables.  I am not changing the data or stset
between models.

Perhaps I am over-parameterizing the model, because I can remove one
variable/ stratum at a time until I get to a point (7 variables and 2
strata) where the results don't change when I change the order of the
variables.  Though I don't know why Stata would run the model
differently...

-Brigham