st: seqlogit error: "No path in the tree leads to values .."

From   Rijo John <[email protected]>
To   stata <[email protected]>
Subject   st: seqlogit error: "No path in the tree leads to values .."
Date   Fri, 12 Aug 2011 10:06:14 -0400

Hello Statalist,

I am trying to estimate a sequential logit model using the seqlogit
proceedure by Maarten. Here is the command I am executing

seqlogit choice age agesq, tree(1: 2 3 4, 4:2 3)

I keep getting the error message "No path in the tree leads to values 2 3"

My dependent variable choice is coded with 4 outcomes. Each id in the
data only chose one of those outcomes. There are 17,109 ids in my data
and it has been expanded by 4 to a total of 17,109X4  observation. I
get this message even if I do this regression without expanding the
data.
Can someone help? I saw there was a bug on this program similar to
this error message. But I am using the latest seqlogit ado file on
stata 11.

Thanks,
Rijo.