Re: st: semi-random sampling (how to impose properties of one population onto a subsample of a different population)

From   Ekaterina Hertog <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: semi-random sampling (how to impose properties of one population onto a subsample of a different population)
Date   Sun, 07 Aug 2011 13:05:56 +0400

Dear Steven,
thank you for your help, however it does not fully solve my problem. Your proposed solution will allow me to roughly preserve the population percentages from the whole sample into a subsample. What I need however, is to impose populations percentages found in a different dataset on a subsample I am creating. Essentially i have two datasets: one of high income women and one of middle income women. High income women tend to be older and are more likely to live in the capital. I need to create a subsample of a dataset of middle income woemn which would match the high income women dataset on age and location characteristics.
Does anyone know how to do this in Stata 11?
Ekaterina