Re: st: Creating new variables from a STATA panel dataset

From   Lucio Vinhas de Souza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Creating new variables from a STATA panel dataset
Date   Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks, Nick. Now, as I have several hundred variables (as I indicated in my earlier post, which include common country codes), it is not really feasible that I write all of them in a command. I would assume there should be some sort of "wild card" notation that one could use to replace a part of the varname in STATA. If I am correct, which would be this?

Lucio.