st: Factor Analysis with Sampling Weights

From   Sean McClellan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Factor Analysis with Sampling Weights
Date   Mon, 1 Aug 2011 12:34:42 -0700

All,

I am also interested in the validity of the below approach.  Thanks much.

Sean

From	  Alp Eren Yurtseven <[email protected]>
To	  [email protected]
Subject	  st: Factor Analysis with Sampling Weights
Date	  Fri, 11 Dec 2009 11:50:03 +0200
 Dear Statalist contributors,

I would like to perform a two stage factor analysis on a data set with
sampling weights. That is, in the first stage I will perform factor
analysis on 8 groups of variables. In the second stage I will run
factor analysis on the factor scores obtained from the previous stage.
A similiar approach was adopted by Verspagen and Srholec
(http://www2.druid.dk/conferences/viewpaper.php?id=2967&cf=29).
pweight option is allowed in polychoric function, so I can feed the
corresponding correlation matrix (with sampling weights) to factormat
function. Similiarly means with sampling weights can also be used with
the factormat function. I need feedback on the validity of this
approach. I'd also appreciate if you could help me on how to properly
incorporate standard deviations to factormat function to calculate
factor scores. Thanks in advance.

Alp Eren Yurtseven