Re: st: sample selection (-gsample) in stata

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sample selection (-gsample) in stata
Date   Wed, 6 Jul 2011 22:05:18 -0500

Try this:

****CODE BEGINS****
set seed 95504066
sysuse auto, clear
tab foreign  // stratum variable
sample 12.5, by(foreign) //12.5% (1 in 8) sample in each stratum
tab foreign
gen fwt = 1/.125 //inverse of sampling probability
list fwt in 1
svyset _n [pweight=fwt], strata(foreign)
****CODE ENDS****

Steve
[email protected]