st: Error message when using SSM (ordered probit with sample selection)

From   "Katic, Pamela (IWMI-Ghana)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Error message when using SSM (ordered probit with sample selection)
Date   Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:21:12 +0530

I'm trying to estimate an ordered probit model with sample selection.
I've only found one command in STATA that's able to do this: ssm. I
tried using it but I keep getting the error message r(2000), that is, no
observations on which to run the model. I checked the response variable
and the selection variable as well, but cannot find any mistakes. I ran
the ordered probit with no sample selection and it works fine, and so
does the probit selection model separately. Any guidance on this matter
will be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Cheers,

Dr. Pamela G Katic
International Water Management Institute Accra Office - GHANA