Re: st: RE: constant variable as IV in panel?

Subject   Re: st: RE: constant variable as IV in panel?
Date   Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:37:17 -0400

Matthias Opfinger <[email protected]>:
What does "national identity" mean here?  What is the outcome variable?
I find it hard to believe the exclusion restriction for any
climate-based measure, in most cases
[but see e.g. http://www.nber.org/papers/w14031 for a good example
from economics].
It is in the nature of climate to affect everything directly,
including the outcome, even if only in a small way.