st: Adjustment to Stata results window scrolling

From   Nick Sanders <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Adjustment to Stata results window scrolling
Date   Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:39:28 -0700

Dear Statalisters,

In Unix Stata, when running a do file one can scroll back through the results window to prior output while the do file continues to run. However, when using the graphical interface version, the results window always snaps to the most recent output, making it impossible to see prior output while the do file continues.

As a point of clarification, here's an example of the context – imagine running 100 regressions in a row via a .do file. Now, while output from regressions 2-100 are getting reported via the results window, I would like to be able to scroll back to the output from regression 1 and have a look. In Unix, this works just fine, but in the graphical interface the results window constantly snaps to the output from the most recent regression.

Is anyone familiar with a way to cause the graphical interface Stata to be just as "freefloating" in the results window as Unix Stata? I've seen the scrollback buffer size preference, but that has no control over this particular issue.

Thank you,

Nicholas J. Sanders, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Fellow
Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research
366 Galvez St, Room 228
Stanford, CA 94305