Re: st: Including constant?

Subject   Re: st: Including constant?
Date   Thu, 02 Jun 2011 10:15:02 -0500

At 12:31 AM 6/2/2011, Nils Braakmann wrote:
Interesting to learn about these disciplinary differences. In
economics the most common thing nowadays seems to be to only report
coefficients/results for your main variable of interest, omit results
for control variables, constants etc.  and just mention that these
were included somewhere in the text/a table footnote.

Cheers,
Nils

I am not crazy about that but yes, especially if you have a zillion variables, I can see doing it that way. I would hope that the complete results are available upon request. One problem with such an approach is that it might obscure the fact that the variables of interest have pretty small effects compared to everything else. It might also hide suspicious results that could call the rest of the findings into question.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam