st: RE: Re: Continuing a loop inspite of errors

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Re: Continuing a loop inspite of errors
Date   Wed, 25 May 2011 12:40:32 +0100

Your first post has yet to reach the list. Evidently there have been some recent problems.

But something as simple as

foreach v of var xxx?? {
}

would have worked if there were no xxx00-xxx09 or xxx91-xxx99 or other variables matching that pattern. But note the general rule: -foreach- is happy with wildcards to indicate sets of variable names.

Narahari H.S.

Some research got me the solution. Code is below

forvalues i=10/90{
capture noisily : sum xxx`i'
if _rc==111{
continue